Sunday, March 06, 2005

Just getting settled in for a short but (hopefully) restful night.

I was thinking the other day that I don't post very regularly when I'm in a good mood. What does that say about me? That I want to dump my misery on the world? That blogging is cathartic for me? That I'm selfish and don't want to share my happiness?

I honestly think it is the second choice. I like to write, to get a chance to put my thoughts out of my head and onto "paper". ("Paper"--what exactly is this "paper" once again??) Creative acts like writing, or music, or drawing, allow me to channel my feelings into a satisfactory medium. Someplace static where I can then look at them, analyze them . . . and I suppose even to some extent control them.

Hey, that's an interesting thought . . . my creative outlets are a mechanism by which I differentiate myself from my emotions. Sounds good.

Wonder if it's true? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment