Thursday, April 07, 2005

On Being and Growing

These past few days have been a time of intense self-evaluation, but they have also been a time of re-connecting with my friends here at the seminary. I realize now that through the process of my personal emotional pain and situation, God has been able to bless others through my words, my experience, and my presence. I have been given much to consider and many tools to make me an even more effective pastor and leader, and I have been reminded--both on this Forum and here in person at the seminary--that I have many, many good and faithful friends.

I am growing . . . probably much more so than I would have known was possible. I have retained my integrity and yet been receptive to change for the better. I am weary and more than ready to be home once again in the arms of my wife and children.

But it has been good, darn it. God has actually proved Himself more than faithful to His word, His promise that all things work together for the good for those who love Him. All praise be to One who is the author and perfector of our faith. To Him be all glory and honor, and may I always serve the God who first served me.

1 comment:

  1. Charles Spurgeon wrote: "Ah! beloved, I do not think he will be very successful as a minister who is not taken into the depths and blackness of his own soul, and made to exclaim, "Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ."

    ReplyDelete