Saturday, April 16, 2005

When life hands you lemons . . .

I always hated that happy, sappy saying. I imagined some perpetually chipper cheerleader type with a permanently fixed smile peppily saying, "When life hands you lemons . . . make lemonade!

Yep, I always hated that. Until I realized just the other day how you make lemonade. You know how you make lemonade? You take those silly little citrus fruits and squeeeeeeeeze the life out of them, crushing the hapless fruit in your bare hands until every bit of it's precious juice has been drained out, the pulp sacs burst and empty. You wring that dumb little yellow thing until you can't get any more out of it and then you discard it's lifeless, worthless shell, tossing it carelessly aside because it is no more use to you whatsoever.



. . . I feel quite a bit better about that saying now.

No comments:

Post a Comment