Saturday, July 30, 2005

Oh, it's Saturday night . . .

And I'm still working. Enjoyed the day off yesterday, entertained a few friends today, and so now the choices I've made are ones I need to live with. There's still Bible class tomorrow that I'll be teaching, there's still a sermon I'll need to be preaching, there's still life that keeps on going on, week in and week out. God's people need to be fed, need to be led, and I'm the man in the place to do it.

But it's not the work, but the priorties that I'm thinking about. Did I spend my day in the right places, doing the right things? Well, I nurtured a budding relationship. That was pretty good. I established another . . . which was also pretty good. I hung out with the wife a bit, doing this and that. Yep, good. Hmmm . . . not a lot of time with the kids. A little, but not a lot. Could've used some more time there.

But work? Kinda blew it off, huh? But that's alright, at least for today, because today work was family and friends. Today my priorities were them. I've still got time to finish work for tomorrow . . . tonight, as the house sleeps and neither wife nor children need my personal and particular attention. Tonight, when the quiet hours ensure I won't be living with regrets tomorrow, I'll work quickly and silently to finish preparations for tomorrow.

Those are my choices, and I live with them. If I chose otherwise, I don't think I could live with it. Not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment