Saturday, September 10, 2005

"Could this blog BE more empty in substance?"

Funny! That's the exact thing an "anonymous" comment said to me. I love those kind of things. . . . "I'm going to tell you exactly the way I feel and really let you have it, but I'm not going to tell you my name!" You just gotta love people like that; all talk and no guts, all show and no backbone.


Nah . . . maybe that's a bit harsh. I suppose it may be. After all, at the very least the classic "anonymous note" provides a bit of laughter over the fallen condition of mankind at the end of the day. At the very most, it could provide an opportunity for self-reflection.

So, thanks, "anonymous". Your comment provided me with a bit of a self-indulgent chuckle tonight, a little laugh at someone who often takes himself too seriously--myself! Me, the big preacher man, nothing more than a vacuous, egocentric blowhard! Could I be emptier in substance? Oh, YOU BET I COULD! :D:D:D

Reminds me that God and not me is the center of the universe, that I'm just God's tool, and that only my ego thinks it's the other way 'round.

"Anonymous" . . . you have a good night. The laugh's on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment