Monday, January 10, 2011

While I'm away . . .

Greetings, dear reader!

I've always wanted to say that.  It sounds so . . . so writerly.

But to the point at hand:  I want to take a moment or two to explain the dearth of recent posts and then to explain why that (most likely) will continue.

I have found myself in a position of needing to be employed on a part-time basis outside of the church.  This has put somewhat of a crimp on my schedule, and to be honest I've found it physically and mentally draining, as well.  As I largely use my blog as a place for creative, meditative, and spiritually-led writing, I have found that as of late I've had neither the time nor, frankly, the mental energy to put metaphorical pen to paper.

So while this is not by any means a good-bye, this is a notice that my blog posts will be a bit more sparse than what they already have been.  At such time when I can get a good grasp on how to ensure my family has the time from me they need, my church is being served to the best of my ability, my secular work is being done for the glory of God and the betterment of the company I work for, AND I find myself with the spare time, energy, and emotion to blog forth . . . well, things here will be a bit quiet.

I look forward to the day when we can speak again.  Until then, I'd appreciate your prayers as I learn once again to settle into a new and demanding schedule.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering why my feed from your blog has been so quiet. I serve a small two point country parish. God has an amazing way of providing for us. Four years ago I volunteered to serve as a First Responder in my remote corner of a rural county. After I finished my EMT training I ended up also working one or two nights a week on the local ambulance service. That has provided a small supplement to help keep us nose above water financially.

    Lately I've been bummed out, though. An area congregation has had two pastors turn down calls citing insufficient salary, rejecting 20% more than I'm earning. I'm tempted to put my name on the call list. Yet, I'm happy in my current parish. My family likes being settled after moving after four times in seven years prior to our arrival here. My basic daily bread is provided. We haven't made any progress in paying off debt, but somehow manage to avoid bouncing up against our credit card limits. When non-daily needs come up God seems to provide in non-daily ways, such as two vehicles that have been given to me over the past few years. So, in spite of a bit of occasional frustration and anxiety, I think I'll hunker down and make the best of my present situation. Where else in the world could I relax on my day off by driving an ambulance?

    Greybeard from Pcom and OL.

    ReplyDelete